To see in the area
The Church of San Carlo
Address: Via dell'Artigianato, 6 - Monte Roberto
It was and is the only church within the castle walls.
Built between the years 1612 and 1613 on commission of the Brotherhood of Good Death and Opera Pia's Suffrage, it later belonged to SS. Sacramento and now to the municipality.
Originally situated in the square centre, it was demolished because unsafe and rebuilt perpendicular to the walls in 1825.
The altarpiece "S. Charles Borromeo supported by angels "(1614)is by Antonio Sarti (1580-1647).